¼ cup tapioca flour
¼ cup cacao powder
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup ghee or organic butter
1 Tbsp. organic coconut milk
2 Tbsp. non-alcoholic vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. Coconut Nectar (adjust the amount of sweetener to your liking)
2 Tbsp. cold water
Middle Gooey Cream:
1/2 cup coconut butter, room temperature*
1 Tbsp. non-alcoholic vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. cold water
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut flour, tapioca flour, and cacao powder.
- In a different bowl, mix the ghee/butter, coconut milk, vanilla extract and coconut nectar.
- Add wet mixture into the flour bowl and stir together until combined. When mostly mixed together, add the 2 Tbsp. of cold water and continue to mix together until a firm dough forms. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Spread a piece of parchment paper on top of a baking pan.
- With your hands, roll about 2 TBSP. worth of batter into a ball and then press the ball into the pan and create a small flat circle.
- Bake at 350°F for about 11 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, add all the cream filling ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let the cookies completely cool.
- Once the cookies are cooled, place about 1 TBSP. of the cream filling in the center of one cookie and top it with another cookie.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy as a pleasurable treat!