2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half
6 strips of bacon
Optional: Sprinkle of Garlic powder or Red pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place the Brussels sprout halves in a roasting pan. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder or red pepper and salt.
3. Cook the strips of bacon until just barely cooked. Place on a paper towel while they cool. Once cooled break up the bacon and scatter all over the Brussels sprouts.
4. Drizzle leftover oil from cooking the bacon over Brussels sprouts or drizzle olive oil or even a mixture of both!
5. Place the roasting pan in the oven and roast for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, toss the Brussels sprouts and bacon in the pan so that the sprouts are evenly cooked.
6. Continue roasting for another 15 minutes. To finish, turn the oven to high broil and broil for 5 minutes, mixing halfway through so that the sprouts crisp evenly.
7. Remove from the oven. Plate, serve and enjoy as a snack or side dish to your meal!